Important: The Clients have mandated COVID-19 vaccination for their workforce, effective October 1st, 2021. All external personnel providing services to the clients are required to comply with this requirement.
Contract duration: 6 months with possible extensions up to 3 years Onsite 5 days a week, 40 hours a week
The individual hired for this position will be part of the Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) team and will assist with the completion of Hillsboro, Oregon site SHE goals and objectives. This will include the development and implementation of SHE programs, working on closure of gaps identified, the initiation and completion of improvement projects, in addition to assisting with the resolution of SHE concerns from our manufacturing customers. COORDINATOR / TECH ASSISTANT
- Develop and implement SHE management systems to drive compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Perform and guide activities related to all site SHE programs including Ergonomics, Personal Protective Equipment, Fall Protection, Lock-Out Tag-Out (LOTO), Machine Guarding, Confined Spaces, Contractor Safety, and Hazard Communication
- Communicate effectively with our customers employing the ability to present ideas well one on one in small groups and to larger audiences
- Effectively influence others to take action to mitigate SHE risks
- Conduct ergonomic risk assessments to systematically identify and reduce risk of work related musculoskeletal disorders, includes both office and manufacturing setups
- Conduct inspections and job hazard (risk) analyses
- Identify and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Assist in investigation of SHE incidents and development of corrective actions
- Apply engineering principles to reduce SHE risks and Strengthen Compliance
- Develop appropriate engineering or work process modifications to prevent worker illness or injury
- Provide SHE assistance and guidance to safety committees, including EHS regulatory interpretations
- Provide SHE support in the design and installation of new or modified equipment and management of change processes
- Develop content and present SHE training to plant employees
- Provide SHE assistance to Value Streams
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree with minimum 3 years of SHE experience in manufacturing and/or consulting environments or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience with implementing and or managing an industrial ergonomics program
- Work effectively with multiple levels of employees
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and a challenging workload
- Utilize approaches that require innovation and change.
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time and a challenging workload.
- Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written skills as well as an ability to train others.
- Effective listening skills.
- Proactively support and/or lead EHS initiatives that support the business.
- Strong computer skills
JobDiva # 21-01266
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.