Job Title: Surface Finishing Technician
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6 Months
The Advanced Process Lab is a unique facility with equipment that is dedicated to developing & optimizing processes for the Manufacturing Design team. Your role will be to support the execution of surface finishing and polishing projects under oversight of engineers in the lab.
In this role, you will be exposed to manufacturing equipment that is used to manufacture mechanical enclosures. Support of developing surface finishing processes will involve the following tasks:
• Run trials of various combinations of sanding and polishing process steps to achieve the desired final finish on aluminum, steel and plastic enclosure parts
• Design and build all part holding fixturing required
• Develop custom sanding and polishing tools
• Setup and program robotic, CNC controlled and special purpose sanding and polishing machines to execute process trials
• Optimize process, measure and define quality at in process and final stages
• Document process steps, parameters and prepare samples for review
• Strong mechanical aptitude required
• Experience designing fixtures in CAD and fabricating tooling in manual and CNC controlled equipment
• Experience with flat lapping, including selection of slurry and pad consumables, and other sanding or polishing processes
• Experience measuring surface roughness with stylus type profilometer (minimum) or more advanced 3D surface roughness via interferometry/confocol/focus variation methods (preferred)
• Fabrication breadth and creativity required to generate the 3D sanding & polishing tools
• Drive to meet tight deadlines and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many different projects is a must
Education: Technical degree in mechanical, materials, or manufacturing related degree preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.