Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 month contract role
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the design, assembly, implementation, and transfer of test instruments used to evaluate drug delivery devices. Primary technologies include ocular implantable devices, manual injection systems, automated injection systems, and interfaces with pre-filled syringes and cartridges. Major responsibilities of this on-site position will include the design and development of test fixture, manual or automated test systems using commercial and custom technologies. The Mechanical Design Engineer is a technical expert and provides technical support in the mechanical design of test equipment and fixturing in collaboration with engineering, scientific, and manufacturing organizations. The Engineer also regularly interacts with external development partners and component suppliers. This position requires on-site
– Prior experience in the design and development of medical devices or test equipment and fixturing used in the regulated industry.
– Expert CAD skills in Solidworks, including creation of 2D prints from 3D models.
– Proven success in the procurement and implementation of test equipment and customized mechanical test fixtures.
– In depth experience in the use of machining and rapid prototyping technologies.
– Prior experience with mechanical test equipment including Instron and/or other universal force test equipment desired
– Ability to interact at a detailed technical level with design engineers and laboratory staff.
– Works independently and within timeline constraints.
– Strong communication skills are a must.
Engineering degree, with preference for Mechanical Engineering.
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.