MindSource thrives on placing the best-kept secrets in the Bay Area! You can be sure that your experience with us is like none other. Join us as a Sr. Project Manager – Sunnyvale, CA – for a contract role.
Sr. Project Manager
Hybrid – onsite once per week
6 months – 1 year assignment
THIS POSITION IS MORE FUNCTIONAL/OPERATIONAL THAN TECHNICAL, Not looking for a technical PM – but more of a Change Management
Project management: managing the full project life cycle; writing project management plans, establishing project governance models, facilitating project team meetings, providing regular status updates, managing stakeholder relationships, etc.
Support system implementation: functional document requirements, test new functionalities, create end-user documentation, etc.
- Strong communication skills; both verbally and in writing; including presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings; and seek consensus between participants
- Demonstrable experience in task management, and project management
- Good analytical skills and use of methodologies and frameworks; both agile and waterfall
- Ability to create effective, easy to absorb, Keynote presentations and storylines (storytelling)
- Affinity with system development, regulatory requirements, information security, privacy, etc.
- Behaviors Are highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Communicates effectively
- Is tech-savvy; easily gets familiar with using new applications
- Is accountable, and keeps promises
- Builds trust and credibility
- Self-starter Other
- 10+ years of relevant work experience; preferably ex-consultant
- 7+ years of project management experience; managing software development and implementation projects
- A Master’s degree is strongly preferred
- PMP or comparable certification preferred
- 5+ years of proven experience planning and coordinating sophisticated, cross-functional programs from initiation to delivery in the software/technology field
- 5+ years of project/program management experience in a large engineering org, working with application design, integration, and deployment in a global IT environment
- Solid understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process including comprehending business and functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, and implementing testable solutions when needed
- Familiarity with Java, SOA, J2EE, Object Oriented Programming, and Oracle, with an emphasis on Web Applications
- Solid ability to understand and develop new engineering solutions to drive the repeatable realization of products and programs
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to zoom in on a specific feature or functionality and then zoom out to explain the way this feature or functionality connects to the more significant product or program
- An extraordinary influencer who is outstanding at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, and project levels
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior leaders and executives based on evolving priorities.
- Able to ask the right questions and challenge the status quo Shown strength in the position of leadership. Ability to mobilize, encourage, and lead teams without direct management authority.
- Ability to lead teams of both internal and external cross-functional partners
- Expert knowledge of program/project management tools such as strategic frameworks, change management, dependency management, and risk management
If you feel that you are the right fit, kindly forward your information today and your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.