Mind Source thrives on placing the best-kept secrets in the Bay Area! You can be certain that your experience with us is like none other. Join us as a Test Design Lead for a Contract role.
Role Name: Test Engineer – Test Design Lead
Team: Product Service Engineering
Location: Cupertino, California
Contract on W2 terms
Seeking a Test Design Engineer Lead with strong leadership and equipment development skills. This is an opportunity to lead the development of new product test equipment for client module and other products. The ideal candidate is a leader with strong expertise developing and delivering equipment test solutions for a high volume manufacturing factory.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering test system solutions which meet business objectives for performance, cost, quality, reliability and schedule.
- Leading a team of engineers (SW, EE, ME, TE) to define, develop and deliver test equipment.
- Solving technical problems both independently and with co-workers.
- Serving as mentor to other team members.
- Supervising and / or designing electronic circuits (PCBA and Flex Circuits) for test equipment.
- Presenting weekly program status updates to internal teams and executives, as required.
- Communicate cross-functionally with engineering and business teams.
- Five-plus years of technical work experience in both test engineering and a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable track record of developing test solutions involving both hardware and software, including definition, sourcing, bring-up, debug, production qualification and scaling.
- Experience with a variety of products and test processes is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of system architectures for phone and computer products.
- Hands on experience with bench equipment such as oscilloscopes, PSUs, and DMMs.
- Experience using CAD programs for design and analysis of PCBAs and/or flex circuits.
- Experience in production control processes, data analysis, solid statistical skills.
- Basic coding / scripting skills in languages such as C / C++, Python, etc.
- Exposure to electronic manufacturing partner supplier management in some capacity.
- Experience working with equipment suppliers
- Requires demonstrated technical leadership success.
- Detail-oriented and action-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral / presentation skills.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while making sound technical decisions.
- Ability to travel internationally as required, when COVID crisis subsides.
- A demonstrated self-starter with a “can do” approach to problem solving.
- Humble. Graceful under fire.
BS in Technical Field (EE, Computer Engineering or Computer Science preferred), or equivalent experience. MS degree preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.