Job Title: Mechanical Engineer II (Mechanical Engineering Technician)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA – Onsite
Duration: 12 months
Looking for an energetic, creative, hands-on Mechanical Engineering technician who can think outside the box.
This role offers the opportunity to work in an R&D lab with teams across multiple disciplines including product design, process engineering, quality engineering, and others.
- Utilize equipment to build and test prototypes, systems and related components under electrical, mechanical stresses.
- As needed, design and develop customized equipment, xtures and/or protocols to enable highly accurate execution of these testing activities.
- Troubleshoot failed test and product samples and provide processes or solutions for the failures.
- Perform system tear downs as a key component of failure analysis and root cause investigation. Coordinate the participation of various internal and external groups in this activity regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Develop and adhere to lab safety protocols.
- Ensure compliance within lab to all
- Conduct regular safety checks and audits of testing equipment.
1) Mechanical and/or manufacturing engineering background with emphasis
2) Self-driven/self-initiative to manage development activities in an R&D lab setting to
3) Mechanical aptitude with hands-on experience fabricating mechanical/ process and equipment design and development meet team objectives and schedules electromechanical xture and jigs, disassembly of products, and performing various metrology and measuring activities
4) Expected to provide timely updates throughout multiple project activities
5) AS or BS degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology Engineering or equivalent
1) Demonstrated ability in data analysis, process development targeted at meeting a
2) CAD experience (NX is a plus)
3) Hands-on experience with thermal measurement, strain gauge measurement,
4) Failure analysis experience (cross sections, Microscopy, SEM, FTIR, X-Ray, etc.)
5) Experience with fabrication machining (Mill, lathe, band saw, etc.) and 3D printing
6) Ability to plan DOEs, monitor data to spot trends, and react proactively
Self-motivated, curious, quick learner, good at reaching out across stake-holding teams, and working towards resolution
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.