Title: Materials Reliability Program Specialist (Test Design Lead)
Location: Remote – PST Hours
Duration: 9 Months
The candidate will be a key player in a cross-functional team tasked with development, characterization, and failure analysis of next generation materials. We are looking for someone who can achieve the following objectives. If you excel in the following focus areas, you may be a great t for our team:
- Dening project plans and schedules. Driving project execution.
- Leading internal and external cross-functional teams in engineering and validation activities
- Ensuring tight inter-team coordination and communication
- Working in partnership with vendor labs to coordinate lab readiness, lab audits, and standardize operating procedures in test execution and data reporting
- Being able to present complex data cleanly and clearly
- Understanding complex, technical material failure modes
- Identifying and resolving conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Driving test equipment and test specs that are critical for validation of reliability
- Providing direction for failure analysis to drive toward root cause
- Requirement for travel to support OEM testing and bring-up
We're looking for you to possess the following technical attributes to excel within our team:
- Experience working with engineering teams and leading OEM communication a plus
- Clear, consistent interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail oriented while leading several work streams
- Understanding of materials science including mechanical, electrical, and optical behavior of materials
- Experience working in a lab environment with focus on understanding root cause of material failures
- Experience with Failure Mode Effects Analysis and reliability prediction modeling
- Expertise in materials characterization, both with standard techniques (SEM/EDS, XPS, XRD, FIB, FTIR, etc) and with creative non-standard techniques that would enable new technologies
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis and the ability to communicate your results clearly to others
- Experience in investigating the physics of failure through efficient selection of analytical techniques
- Ability to identify root cause and recommended corrective action based on results from multiple data sources
- To be successful in this role, your ability to establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships is critical.
- Roughly 60% of your effectiveness stems from exercising influence over the design team to help you implement solutions.
We find individuals with the following personal skillset are best suited for this role:
- Extraordinary problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to independently complete experiments and resolve problems
- Flexibility and adaptability to approach new tasks
- Dynamic and can do attitude with the dream to work with a great team towards cutting-edge products
- This position requires 3-5 years of experience in program or project management in an operations, engineering or reliability environment.
- B.S. degree required, M.S. is a plus.
- A degree in materials engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or an equivalent field, is required
Please share your resume to email@example.com and/or reach me at 650-492-4188.
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.