Title: Reference Editor – Retail Communications
Location: Remote (Santa Clara, CA)
Duration: 1 year
- As a Retail Communications Reference Editor, details are your passion.
- You enjoy ensuring the right information is in the right place, for the right audience, and for the right amount of time.
- You make sure that, when times up, that information is available in an archive for reference as needed.
- You understand that our teams need quick access to accurate information to ensure every customer has a great experience in all around the world.
- And youre able to adjust to working independently from home or in an office setting, when necessary.
- Reference Materials
- Publish new and updated reference material files provided by internal business partners on our communication platform.
- Production details to consider: ensuring template compliance; copyediting and/or proofreading needs; arranging localization for 20+ countries; setting audiences; and requesting and uploading translations.
- Monitor reference material files published by others (post-QA).
- Enter publication details that may be missing (such as sunset dates, business partner names, and folder assignment), or follow up with administrators who created the files. Watch for potential duplications.
- Review sunset notifications to determine if files still need to be published and, if so, that the content is current.
- Follow up with business partners to either sunset or update.
- Assist business partners with file audits, organization of files, efficient tagging to help with searches, and best practices.
- Maintain digital archive of reference materials.
- Update database with publication information.
- Collaborate with writers, communications managers, producers, and business partners to understand publication details.
- Partner with Globalization team to prioritize translation requests and ensure timely publication in native languages.
- Write and/or edit alternative text for images.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Software, Applications, and Tools Used
- Proprietary systems used to create, update, translate, and monitor reference materials
- iWork suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Competency prioritizing multiple functions and tasks, managing work time efficiently
- Superior work ethic, dependability, and adaptability
- Strong verbal and written communication, and active-listening skills
- Flexibility that enables professional, efficient reaction to directional change
- Ability to manage projects by tracking and following up on milestones and due dates
- Proven ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing work environment
- Ability to ensure copy adheres to prescribed style format
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- BA/BS preferred, or equivalent work experience
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.