Title: Packaging R&D Print Specialist
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 6+ Months (Possible Extension)
- DO NOT NEEDcandidates who reprint Production/Graphic Production/Mechanical Artist/Graphic Designer
- WE NEED candidates who are from a Print Manufacturing Background, Who are Print Specialists. No 2D/3D designers. Who has hands-on experience in INK, Coating & Paper.
- Years of experience is 1-4 Yrs they should have a good foundation in Print.
The Packaging R&D Print Specialist assists Packaging R&D Print Experts in conducting lab tests on a range of print-related lab equipment. Capturing, organizing, and reporting data from the tests. Creating, updating, and /or validating test procedures to be used in the lab while keeping lab equipment calibrations up to date. Cataloging print test samples and documents. Organizing and documenting visual reviews of print samples. Participating in R&D projects and working with cross-functional teams to meet deadlines and deliverables
- BA/BS degree in Printing, Paper, Graphic Communications or equivalent.
- Motivated self-starter is able to successfully complete tasks while juggling multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- 2-5 years of print experience in packaging, print shops, laboratories, or raw material manufacturers.
- Knowledge of pre-press, printing technologies, ink, paper, and basic statistics is required.
- Must possess the ability to follow SOPs and deliver reliable repeatable results.
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- Must have exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to understand and interpret instruction, while asking relevant questions to successfully execute tasks Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in Mac OS and native apps.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and database management.
- Positive, attentive, focused, and engaged. Strong work ethic. Accountable for actions. Takes initiative. Collaborative “team player.”
- Trustworthy in a confidential environment. Supportive of company values.
- Manages time effectively. Flexible during high-volume periods (some longer or late hours)
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment, follow existing SOPs to conduct tests and generate test reports.
- Present test reports to Print Experts for review, and then share them with cross-functional partners.
- Assist in developing and documenting SOPs, for new tests or equipment.
- Arrange distribution of materials/samples to various project stakeholders for review.
- Organize reviews with Packaging Producers / Print Experts and cross-functional partners.
- Create print test forms using Adobe CC, with the direction of the Packaging Print Experts or Print Development Manager.
- Practice extreme attention to detail in executing all SOPs related to print tests or measurements and generating test reports.
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.